I offer coaching in person to clients in the San Francisco Bay Area, and long-distance coaching via email/Skype/phone to clients outside the region. Clients must purchase the initial set-up described below and sign a waiver of liability. I use the Training Peaks interface to develop and monitor each client’s personal training plan, so clients are asked to set up a free Training Peaks account and use it to log their workouts.
Initial set-up: $100
- client questionnaire to identify fitness level and experience, goal(s), strengths and weaknesses, etc., followed by one-on-one consultation (initial meeting lasting one hour) and orientation to TrainingPeaks.com
- development of the overview of a training cycle plan and major recommendations tailored to meet goal(s)
After the initial set-up, my coaching services may be purchased in 4-week blocks. A client-coach relationship takes about 3 months to develop, so I recommend making at least a 3-month commitment and ideally 6 months to accomplish a full training cycle and to achieve goals.
Custom weekly training plan: $240 for 4 weeks
- regular contact by email, text, phone and/or Skype to offer guidance, answer questions and address concerns
- coach’s review and refinement of training plan every week
- coach’s frequent review and feedback on workouts logged in Training Peaks
- only $60/week!
In-person coaching: $70/hour or semi-private (2 – 3 people) $50/person/hour
I’m available to coach in the Oakland area (at locations such as Lake Merritt, Lake Temescal, Piedmont High track and Redwood Regional Park) for training sessions to work on running form and specific workouts, or to have my support during a long run. If you have a friend or significant other who runs a similar pace, then consider doubling up for a semi-private session. I recommend purchasing in-person coaching as an add-on to one of the 4-week packages above.
Read about my experience and qualifications.
Back to Coaching Main Page